2013 Meeting Calendar
Betty Huskins, Executive Director
Triangle J Council of Governments (Region J)
Our Core Partners
- NC Assoc. of County Commissioners
- NC League of Municipalities
- NC Department of Commerce
- NC Dept. of Environment &
- Natural Resources
- NC Department of Transportation
- NC Department of Health &
- Human Services
- North Carolina Rural Center
- National Assoc. of Development
- National Association of Regional Councils
- SouthEastern Regional Directors Institute
- National Association of Counties
Our mission is to provide “creative regional solutions” to relevant and emerging issues in North Carolina while providing a standard of excellence in the delivery of federal, state and regional services for our member communities.
North Carolina is served by 16 regional councils in a broad range of services to local governments including but not limited to: community & economic development, workforce development, state & federal program management, planning & GIS mapping services, grant writing, regional collaboration and partnership building.
The Forum is a unique venue where municipal and county elected officials and community leaders convene, research, discuss issues and policies and seek regional solutions for local units of government and the State of North Carolina. This body focuses on issues that can best be addressed on a regional or statewide basis and then champions regional solutions to challenges facing its member governments through collaboration, partnership and consensus building.